Support for text input and scrollable lists

Oct 16, 2009 at 11:46 PM

This project looks really great. It performs great and looks very easy to implement end extend.

Are you planning to support input controls which can receive focus (i.e. text input control). That would be a great addition.

An other feature which I would really like to see is finger friendly scrollable lists (IPhone like). I have thusfar not seen one which performs good on Windows Mobile in C#, but I think it will be possible to implement in this framework.

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

I had planned to do some simple input controls - checkbox, slider but wasn't planning to implement my own textbox, combobox. Instead the plan was to have some way of positioning a standard control on top of the canvas - perhaps using a special DrawingElement type so its position can be kept relative to the other custom elements.

Scrollable lists is definitely something I'm considering. The HTC TouchFlo interface does a good job of this and Windows Mobile 6.5 provides the support in a standard ListView control. I'm not sure whether I can get the performance I'd like using the techniques I've used thus far though.

Nov 7, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Are you planning inertial scrolling as well?

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2009 at 10:56 AM

mkamonster - yep am planning rudimentary inertial scrolling - but still having problems with perf. Have begun looking into OpenGL or DirectDraw - but both are overly complex for the simple effects I'm trying to achieve.