An application framework for developing composite user interfaces (similar to Silverlight/WPF) on Windows Mobile 5 and 6 devices. It contains controls and graphic primitives that support rotation, scaling, animation, behaviours and transitions.
Make awesome looking WinMo apps.
: Given the imminent release of Windows Phone 7 this project is no longer being actively developed.
- Design UI for Windows Mobile by composing simple graphical elements
- Allow the UI to automatically scale to suit various mobile device resolutions
- Managed code
- Create appealing UI through use of alpha channels, animations and transitions
- Create UI suited to finger touch as primary input
What this project isn't
- A games platform or highly performant (you'd probably want DirectX)
- A Silverlight clone (you're probably waiting and hoping on Windows 7)
- Finished - it's still an early "work in progress" project
Screenshots of forms that can be easily created using the framework are available
How to Guides
Release 0.4 (trunk in Source Code)
- Support for defining DataTemplates in XAML (for use in ItemsControls)
- Support for Template Binding and custom Markup Extensions.
- Support for defining WinForms using XAML - including interop between MobileUI DrawingElements and WinForms controls.
Release 0.3 (current)
- Using XAML to define forms with static resources, simple binding, support for collections
- Works with any public property of type float, Point, Color, SolidBrush - extensible to support any other types.
- Support for customisable easing functions - comes with Elastic, Sine and Cubic.
- FloatAnimation (e.g. Angle)
- PointAnimation (e.g. Location, Center)
- Implement IBehavior to define your own behaviors
- Rectangle, Ellipse, RegularPolygon (hexagon, octagon etc.), Star
- DataTemplates can be used to convert each item to a UI composition
- Allows for custom layout engines - comes with Stack, Radial and Wrap.
- Translate, Rotate and Scale
Planned for Release 0.5+
- More Controls
- Control Styling and Templating - which should lead to Themes